Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week 2 Reading Reflection

I never knew the difference between entrepreneurs and economists. It is clearly a broad term, and they connect with each other. I’ve  also never taken an economy class so this book has a lot to offer me in terms of knowledge and important terms to know.  I also enjoyed reading  the “ Hot Trends to Watch” because it seemed like a reflection on what society is beginning to look like, such as many people becoming more “green” and gluten free. I would like to ask the author if he considers himself an entrepreneur, and what inspired him to write this book. I do not necessarily agree with him when he says that anyone can be an entrepreneur. I definitely think there are characteristics that are essential to be a successful one. Not everyone is a risk taker, and not everyone has the confidence to go into a career that is self-initiated. A fact that surprised me was that about half of all startups last between 5 and 7 years. Why does this happen and how much does a background in business and economics help with sustaining a startup for a longer period of time? I was confused as to what makes a gazelle different from a small business, as well as a business startup. At what point can these become corporations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment