Sunday, February 21, 2016

Free Money

I am planning on going to the new CVS on 13th St. because there will be a lot of people going to the grand opening or walking home. I am going to choose the people I give the dollar to based on qualities I like in their appearance, whether it is something they are wearing, their hair or even their bike. This will make starting the conservation easy as I could just compliment them on that and ask wear they got it from. I think I'll give away 3 of the dollars because I think a couple people won't want to take it without a legitimate reason.




*For the second video, after I said the reason why I wanted to give her the dollar and she denied, she almost looked scared so to ease the tension my girlfriend brought up that it was for a project. I didn't see this as a problem because she had already said no and was on her way.


This was one of the more awkward exercises we've had to do. Most of the people I went up to seemed really uncomfortable when I brought up giving them a dollar. I thought it would have been easier to give the dollar away but most people denied it. After some persistence, only 2 people accepted the money so my prediction was wrong. I think I underestimated how strange it would seem giving someone a dollar for essentially no reason. The people that said no probably thought there was some ulterior motive. For the most part my expectations were met; the people that looked shy, got uncomfortable and denied the money and the people that seemed relaxed were more open, usually accepting the money.

2 comments:

  1. I think the place that you decided to do your interviews was a very good idea. Many people were super excited for the new CVS to open and so going there definitely gave you many people to choose from. I agree that I did not think that everyone would take the dollar. This is definitely the most challenging assignment that we have had. I felt very uncomfortable trying to get someone to take a dollar. To see my video visit here: http://lgator.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek,

    I liked your enthusiasm at trying to give people the money. The videos you posted showed that the people were very wary of you when you were offering them free money, and I thought that quite funny. Check out my blog: http://camivilla10.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

    ReplyDelete