Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1

It seems like the only goal of some brands is to plaster their name or logo as large as possible on their clothing, while others seem to make clothes so generic that they are indistinguishable. I have noticed a shortage of clothing brands that lie in between these two extremes. I would like to offer a style that is simple yet distinct; lacking the in-your-face branding that so many companies utilize. To put this into action I first thought I could just create my own clothing line that would fit these standards and although I would love to do that, I believe I came up with a more interesting idea. My proposal is to let the shopper design and customize clothes by changing the trims, materials, buttons, etc. using templates that I would provide. You can think of it as a Chipotle where there are all these ingredients to choose from but you only ask for the ones that you like. More specifically, I would like to have a small factory within the store that is on display, where you could see other "orders" being made. I came up with the brand name Demize which is a play on words with design and customize.





6 comments:

  1. I think you did a really great job giving the pitch. You wore something that would even be a type of product. The only thing that you could work on is how you end your pitch. It was a little awkward at the end, but that is understandable for the assignment. My pitch was just more awkward so you did a wonderful job! You can see my blog post at: http://saraheverts.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that what you wore complemented the point you were trying to make about your idea, i.e. when you were talking about customizing the trim, pockets, etc. It helped to put a visualization to the idea.
    I think you did an awesome job, perhaps try to limit or eliminate moments where you might "up-speak" which is when you turn sentences into questions by the tone of your voice. Overall, awesome job! You can check out my blog here: http://sirahmora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I agree with you 100%. I've noticed a similar trend through social media apps where were able to have more input into our posts. Since Instagram has launched, people have only gotten more creative throughout those 15 seconds of video or just through there photo posts. They go through alternate apps to edit there posts. They want more. They want to customize and represent there identity though there posts. And applying this to clothing design is a really good idea. I think its a perfect idea to revolutionize clothing in the very near future. Forming an analogy between what i've noticed with apps and your clothing design, I think the struggle would be hitting the sweet spot in giving people the freedom to design there own clothes, yet setting a limitation that still make it a simple process for the consumers and for the production. I really enjoyed your post! I hope you make your idea a reality. Only post that got me excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pitch! You get straight to the point and highlight some specific competitive advantages your brand would offer. I feel like clothes fall into various categories, like classic (Brooks Brothers, Charles Tyrwhitt), edgy (H&M, Uniqlo) or bohemian/vintage (Urban Outfitters, etc.). Would your brand play into one of these categories specifically? How would you differentiate from some of the new online bespoke retailers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, here's my "elevator pitch" that turned into more of a presentation. http://poweredbysuccess.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

      Delete
  5. Great idea and pitch! Going to the store to get clothes is always a struggle because there are various sizes depending on the store, different materials that fit differently, and a variety of other factors that can make finding clothes a real challenge. Your idea would revolutionize the shopping experience and make it easier for everyone to find exactly what they want. I am interested to see what you continue to do with this idea throughout the course! Here is a link to my blog http://caitlinc12.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete