Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection

I was confused about the part of the article that mentions the buying habits of people in the 1960s. The author didn't give an explanation as to why people without education became wealthy, and why the people with more refined tastes were price conscious. I would like to ask the authors why the consumers were this way because it seemed to have a big impact on the future of advertising. I was most surprised at how advertising may have effected the products being made. Specifically, the authors state how the use of imagery in advertising took the pressure off of companies to make new innovative products. I would also like to ask the authors what the best advertising agencies are in their opinion so I could see how they utilize the strategies mentioned. The authors seemed to be very accurate in this piece, only making claims after there was substantial evidence to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment